- Ability to design and independently, manage time on project from concept through final design exercising independent judgment.
- Participate in initial mechanical design, 3D modeling and creation of production drawings and maintenance of design data.
- Coordinate in-house project, and project engineering/design schedules.
- Challenging assignments that include the design of mechanical systems, and performing walk-downs, investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of mechanical design issues.
- Review designs and calculations prepared by other designers.
- Failure analysis of components as it relates to thermal, loads, vibration and shock.
- Conduct field verification/observation and able to lead project client meetings.
- Management and training of more junior members of staff.
- Provide technical supervision and direction of project team members.
- Proficiency for drafting design documents, preparation of equipment specifications, and use of engineering calculation software.
- Provide detail design for all utility routings, connections and equipment layout utilizing experience and client provided standards.
- Need to perform the statistical analysis on the design data for the research & validation purpose by using SAS.
- Interface with machine shops and production teams to ensure final designs can be produced in accordance with overall project goals.
Computer Skill Requirements:
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer /CREO, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, MATLAB and SAS.
Statistical Analysis Requirements:
- Candidate Need to work in SAS Environment along with Windows- Editor, Output, Log, project window
- Import various types of data sets like Text files (.txt, .csv) Excel files (.xls) Etc. using SAS codes.
- Creation of Permanent and temporary Datasets
- Data manipulation with CONDITIONAL OPERATOR like WHERE, IF….ELSE…THEN, WHEN
- Import data sets using the SAS Import Wizard.
- Generating report with Proc print & proc report.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
- Writing a SQL steps & creating Output Tables.